[GE users] CPU limit in mpi jobs

Rui Ramos rramos at iric.up.pt
Fri Jun 2 16:55:05 BST 2006

 Well i guess i don't have the tight integration. I'm reading your howto and the symptoms are the ones referenced.

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich-integration.html

                                                                 Regards, going to try it out

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:40:50 +0200
Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 02.06.2006 um 17:39 schrieb Rui Ramos:
>

> >  Hi all,
> >
> >  I've set CPU limits in some of my queues. But there is something
> > that worries me. When submitting an mpi job this CPU limit, is set
> > to each mpi instance or to the sum of the all instances ?
> >  Another thing is when doing a qstat i get
> >
> > usage    1:                 cpu=00:00:00, mem=0.00050 GBs,
> > io=0.00000, vmem=121.828M, maxvmem=121.828M
> >
> >  And the cpu time is allways 00:00:00. Is the CPU limit really
> > working with mpi jobs ?
>
> is it a Tightly Integrated setup?- Reuti
>
> >                                                    thanks in advance

 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Pra_a Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal

 phone : +351 223 401 571
 e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
    web: http://ruiramos.homeip.net

    [ Part 2, Application/PGP-SIGNATURE 494 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]