[GE users] RE: [GE announce] Script for accounting(8) file analysis

Gomez, Daniel dgomez at tigr.ORG
Sat Jun 3 16:44:36 BST 2006

Very useful script! Nice job.

Added '-g' flag for groups (similar to the existing -u flag) and -d flag
for the existing debug code

usage: analyze.rb <options> accounting_file
        -d                                debug
        -g                                groups table

(see attachment for the extended script - analyze.rb)

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM [mailto:Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM] On Behalf Of
Andreas Haas
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 6:45 AM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net; announce at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: [GE announce] Script for accounting(8) file analysis

Hi all,

I added a Ruby script for accounting file analysis to

   source/scripts

directory of maintrunk and made it available under

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/files/documents/7/82/analyze.rb.gz

usage is

      analyze.rb <options> accounting_file
        -help
        -r                                records table
        -u                                users table
        -h                                hosts table
        -q                                queues table
        -p                                projects table
        -c                                categories table
        -ts                               timesteps table
        -ts_c                             categories per timestep
        -ts_j                             jobs per timestep
        -t "first"|<first> "last"|<last>  full analysis, but print these
timesteps only

the reason I worked on it is I needed job and category analysis on a
timestep basis as provided by -ts -ts_c -ts_j and -t options.

I think it is useful, even though it is certainly not perfect. E.g.
rescheduled job are not orderly handled and there are certainly other
insufficiencies.

Give it a try, but be careful when using it with large accounting files.

Regards,
Andreas

For additional commands, e-mail: announce-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]