[GE users] smp environment trouble

K.Radacki K.Radacki at mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Jun 4 15:53:26 BST 2006

Reuti wrote:

> Am 04.06.2006 um 15:00 schrieb k.radacki:
>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> You attached this PE also to a queue of your coice (using $pe_slots)?
>>

>> Nope... How should I do it?
>>

> Using "qconf -mq <qname>", which will open a vi, by appending "smp"
> to the entry "pe_list", where you will find already "make". For
> details please have a look at "man queue_conf". - Reuti

thanks, it works. I hope that you are not to irritiate by newbie
questions. I know that I should
read all the man-pages but I'm just in the middle of "SGE"admin & user
guide, and well it's plenty
of  new stuff I have to learn. As a good friend of mine used to answer
most of my questions "rtfm",
and I used to say w"hich fm?", that's not allways obviouse where the
needed information is.
Once more thank you for your help.

kris

--