[GE users] PVM and SGE

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jun 6 05:16:38 BST 2006

Am 06.06.2006 um 03:34 schrieb Bernard Li:

> Hi Reuti:
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I am aware of the -ep <dirname> argument, however that's set by the
> system and does not provide a per-user setting (eg. maybe the user
> wants to setup their own paths).  Is there another option?

The easiest would be to extend the startpvm.sh script with something
like this I think:

# enhance the search path if requested
if [ "x$path_enhancement" != "x" ]; then
    echo "* ep=$path_enhancement" >> $pvm_hostfile
elif [ -f ~/.ep -a -r ~/.ep ]; then
    cat ~/.ep >> $pvm_hostfile
fi

and have a .ep prepared for the individual user.

HTH - Reuti