[GE users] CPU limit in mpi jobs

Rui Ramos rramos at iric.up.pt
Thu Jun 8 19:22:07 BST 2006

 Hi all,

 Well i've tried setting the tight mpi integration with no luck. I've also follow the LAM/MPI integration and set it with tight integration. It seems to work for some jobs still have to make some more tests. Anyway ! the cpu limit of the mpi jobs is allways 00:00:00.

 Does anybody have CPU limits working with mpi jobs ?

                                                   Apreciate any help :)

PS: Yes is a tight integration of the LAM/MPI like explained in Reuti howto.

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:55:05 +0100
Rui Ramos <rramos at iric.up.pt> wrote:

>  Well i guess i don't have the tight integration. I'm reading your howto and the symptoms are the ones referenced.
>
>     http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich-integration.html
>
>                                                                  Regards, going to try it out
>
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:40:50 +0200
> Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am 02.06.2006 um 17:39 schrieb Rui Ramos:
> >

> > >  Hi all,
> > >
> > >  I've set CPU limits in some of my queues. But there is something
> > > that worries me. When submitting an mpi job this CPU limit, is set
> > > to each mpi instance or to the sum of the all instances ?
> > >  Another thing is when doing a qstat i get
> > >
> > > usage    1:                 cpu=00:00:00, mem=0.00050 GBs,
> > > io=0.00000, vmem=121.828M, maxvmem=121.828M
> > >
> > >  And the cpu time is allways 00:00:00. Is the CPU limit really
> > > working with mpi jobs ?
> >
> > is it a Tightly Integrated setup?- Reuti
> >
> > >                                                    thanks in advance
> > >
> --
>  Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos
>
>  Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
>  Pra_a Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal
>
>  phone : +351 223 401 571
>  e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
>     web: http://ruiramos.homeip.net

- --
 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Praca Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal