[GE users] Jobs Rushing the Slots

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri Jun 9 21:49:56 BST 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 16:07, John Coldrick wrote:
> 	With such a heterogeneous environment, is there a way to essentially ask
> SGE:
>
> 	1.  Run me alone on systems with less than xx G memory
>
> 	OR
>
> 	2. Run me with other jobs on systems with more than xx G memory.

	Yah, sorry, since the list has been down I've found the basic issue - this is
what load adjustment is for.  However, I've been experimenting with this and
simply can't stop those jobs from rushing in.  For example, if a submitted
job asks for 1 G, how do I configure the load so that a given machine will
balloon up(as far as SGE is concerned) so that a 1G machine doesn't get
rushed by two 1G jobs?  Everything I've fiddled with regarding mem_use or
mem_free just doesn't appear to do anything.

	Thanks

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada
If life is a stage, I want some better lighting.