[GE users] logo/mascot of GridEngine?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Jun 12 15:47:50 BST 2006

Rayson,

nice effort!

> In 2004, I created the Wikipedia page,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_GridEngine . However, I just feel

a small correction/question:

   Sun Grid Engine (SGE), earlier known as Sun GridEngine

shouldn't it say:

   Sun Grid Engine (SGE), earlier known as CODINE (COmputing in Distributed
   Networked Environmnets) from Genias Software, Germany ....

we never had the name "Sun GridEngine".

And in the History section:

   ... and renamed the product GridEngine.

   should say

       and  renamed the product to Sun Grid Engine

> that it is a bit boring to have a page but without any graphics...
>
> Is this pic available to public domain??
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/branding/images/ge_logo.gif
>
> What is the offical mascot of GridEngine??

Well, the logo falls under the SISSL since it comes from the CVS repository,
so there should be no problem to use it. However we are just thinking about
to create a new logo - I'm still looking for a sponsor first a small Amazon
voucher or something like this for the winner;-)

Andy