[GE users] logo/mascot of GridEngine?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Jun 12 16:17:15 BST 2006

Rayson,

> Someone added those lines recently, but you can also edit/modify the
> Wiki (that's the whole point of it!)... and if you have a chance, may
> be you can take a look at the page about the Sun Grid?? The info there
> is not accurate...
>
> Lastly, what kind of logo are you thinking about??

In principle we are open I think. Of course I'd be happy to see something
"Sun-stylish". At http://www.sunsource.net you see a couple of Sun open
source logos (and someone already has modified the Grid Engne logo there).
for "Grid" there are certainly different approaches possible: a "Grid
theme", an Engine theme, and certainly many more.

I don't really want to open the logo contest as long as I can't offer a
first prize (or as long as I don't know if I can offer a first prize at
all:-)

But for place 2 and 3 of the contest we already have something to offer: a
quite nice open source T-Shirt with the logos of a lot of Sun open source
projects in dark grey on black background - looks really cool in my opinion.
If the winner is outside the US/Canada or the European Union there might be
however some customs taxations issues for the receiver...

Andy