[GE globus] Grid Engine and GT4

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Wed Jun 14 04:59:29 BST 2006

Diego,

There is no need for other additional components besides grid engine,
globus and the integration package. Configuration on grid engine side, you
just need to turn on the reporting and joblog parameter.

$ qconf -mconf
reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=true \
                             flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=true sharelog=00:00:00

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Diego Bello wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm starting to use Grid Engine with Globus. I have found  a way to connect
> them according to http://www.lesc.ic.ac.uk/projects/SGE-GT4.html, but I
> can't make it work, specially because it says I need the reporting logfile
> enabled.
>
> I can't configure it with the binary files of
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/23o701rb60.html, and the
> N1 Grid Engine 6
> Installation Guide says that I need some specific N1 files, wich, AFAIK, are
> commercial. Should I use those or is there some way to configure "reporting
> logfile" directly from GE?
>
> Is there any difference between N1SGE and the sunsource's GE?. I'm using it
> for my Engineering thesis.
>
> Tech. info: OS Fedora Linux 4, kernel 2.6, Globus Toolkit 4.0.0.
>
> Thanks in advance, regards.

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/