[GE globus] Grid Engine and GT4

Diego Bello dbello at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 05:05:01 BST 2006

Thanks, it seems to go on, but I get this problem:

dbello at lacruz:<~> globus-job-run localhost/jobmanager-sge /bin/date
GRAM Job failed because the job manager failed to create an internal script
submission file (error code 28)

I can't find anything useful on log files. What can it be?.

On 6/13/06, Melvin Koh <melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg > wrote:

> Diego,
>
> There is no need for other additional components besides grid engine,
> globus and the integration package. Configuration on grid engine side, you
> just need to turn on the reporting and joblog parameter.
>
> $ qconf -mconf
> reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=true \
>                              flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=true
> sharelog=00:00:00
>

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Diego Bello wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > I'm starting to use Grid Engine with Globus. I have found  a way to
> connect
> > them according to http://www.lesc.ic.ac.uk/projects/SGE-GT4.html, but I
> > can't make it work, specially because it says I need the reporting
> logfile
> > enabled.
> >
> > I can't configure it with the binary files of
> > http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/23o701rb60.html , and
> the
> > N1 Grid Engine 6
> > Installation Guide says that I need some specific N1 files, wich, AFAIK,
> are
> > commercial. Should I use those or is there some way to configure
> "reporting
> > logfile" directly from GE?
> >
> > Is there any difference between N1SGE and the sunsource's GE?. I'm using
> it
> > for my Engineering thesis.
> >
> > Tech. info: OS Fedora Linux 4, kernel 2.6, Globus Toolkit 4.0.0.
> >
> > Thanks in advance, regards.
> >

> --
> Melvin Koh Chee Kian
> Grid Research Engineer
> Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
> Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/

Diego Bello Carre?o
Estudiante Memorista de Ingeniería Civil Informática
UTFSM, Valparaíso, Chile
Usuario #294897 counter.li.org