[GE users] wide installations of GE

davide cittaro daweonline at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:26:06 BST 2006

Hi there. The boss asked me if I could install a campus-wide grid based on
sun GE, exclusively on OS X clients (~200 computers). In principle there
should be no problem, I thought. Now I'm thinking, instead, that I don't
know how to manage applications that should run in GE.
I installed it on a small cluster and I also provided to each node the
binaries I would like to run using GE (bioinformatics applications). If I
install it on every computer, every time I need an application running in
the grid, I should go on every client and install it... Is there a way to do
this easy? I mean, a GE way?