[GE globus] Grid Engine and GT4

Diego Bello dbello at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:29:58 BST 2006

I have done what you say, but it just doesn't work. Attached is the job's
gram log file and the sge.pm file.

The log file shows some errors, but I can't say if they are normal or not. I
have not defined a parallel environment, but I do have mpirun.

After changes, I restarted master and exec daemons.

Thanks.

On 6/14/06, Melvin Koh <melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg> wrote:

> Check your sge.pm script if the path for GE commands are correct. Also
> unless you have a PE defined, your $mpirun and $sun_mprun should be
> set to 'no'.
>
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Diego Bello wrote:
>
> > Thanks, it seems to go on, but I get this problem:
> >
> > dbello at lacruz:<~> globus-job-run localhost/jobmanager-sge /bin/date
> > GRAM Job failed because the job manager failed to create an internal
> script
> > submission file (error code 28)
> >
> > I can't find anything useful on log files. What can it be?.
> >

> > On 6/13/06, Melvin Koh <melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg > wrote:
> > >
> > > Diego,
> > >
> > > There is no need for other additional components besides grid engine,
> > > globus and the integration package. Configuration on grid engine side,
> you
> > > just need to turn on the reporting and joblog parameter.
> > >
> > > $ qconf -mconf
> > > reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=true \
> > >                              flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=true
> > > sharelog=00:00:00

> > > connect
> but I
> > > logfile

> and
> > > the
> AFAIK,
> > > are
> > > "reporting

> using
> > > it

> > > --
> > > Melvin Koh Chee Kian
> > > Grid Research Engineer
> > > Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
> > > Sun Microsystems Inc.
> > > Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/
> > >

> --
> Melvin Koh Chee Kian
> Grid Research Engineer
> Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
> Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/

Diego Bello Carre?o
Estudiante Memorista de Ingeniería Civil Informática
UTFSM, Valparaíso, Chile
Usuario #294897 counter.li.org

    [ Part 2, Text/X-LOG (Name: "gram_job_mgr_31603.log") ~9.8 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3, Application/X-PERL (Name: "sge.pm") 18 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 4: "Attached Text" ]