[GE globus] Grid Engine and GT4

Diego Bello dbello at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 22:53:32 BST 2006

With the gt4 integration package, I get this when starting container:

[globus at lacruz GE]$ globus-start-container
2006-06-15 16:14:38,741 WARN  usefulrp.GLUEResourceProperty [GLUE refresher
0,runScript:314] Script Execution error when executing shell
/opt/globus4/libexec/globus-scheduler-provider-sge
java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:
/opt/globus4/libexec/globus-scheduler-provider-sge: not found
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java :451)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:591)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:429)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:326)
        at
org.globus.mds.usefulrp.GLUEResourceProperty$PeriodicExecutor.runScript(
GLUEResourceProperty.java:298)
        at org.globus.mds.usefulrp.GLUEResourceProperty$PeriodicExecutor.run
(GLUEResourceProperty.java:259)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

In google, I found that the /opt/globus4/libexec/globus-scheduler-provider-sge
file is in another package, wich is no longer available on Inet. I think
that is why globus-job-run doesn't work. The globusrun-ws works ok.

With the GT2 package, globus-job-run works OK, but obviously globusrun-ws
doesn't. Do you know a way to make them work at the same time?.

Thanks, regards.

On 6/15/06, Melvin Koh <melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg> wrote:

> Diego,
>
> Sorry I wasn't paying attention. You are using the sge jobmanager for
> wsgram, but you are using globus-job-run which invokes pre-wsgram. I'm
> not entirely sure, but I suspect that wsgram sge jobmanager does not work
> for pre-wsgram. Either use globusrun-ws or install using the GT2
> integration package.
>
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Diego Bello wrote:
>
> > I have done what you say, but it just doesn't work. Attached is the
> job's
> > gram log file and the sge.pm file.
> >
> > The log file shows some errors, but I can't say if they are normal or
> not. I
> > have not defined a parallel environment, but I do have mpirun.
> >
> > After changes, I restarted master and exec daemons.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > On 6/14/06, Melvin Koh <melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg> wrote:
> > >

> > > Check your sge.pm script if the path for GE commands are correct. Also
> > > unless you have a PE defined, your $mpirun and $sun_mprun should be
> > > set to 'no'.

> > > script

> engine,
> side,
> > > you

> ,
> > > but I
> reporting

> ,
> > > and
> wich,
> > > AFAIK,

> I'm
> > > using

> globus-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > > > >

> > > --
> > > Melvin Koh Chee Kian
> > > Grid Research Engineer
> > > Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
> > > Sun Microsystems Inc.
> > > Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/
> > >

> --
> Melvin Koh Chee Kian
> Grid Research Engineer
> Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
> Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/

Diego Bello Carre?o
Estudiante Memorista de Ingeniería Civil Informática
UTFSM, Valparaíso, Chile
Usuario #294897 counter.li.org