[GE users] RE: Missing documentation for 6.0?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Jun 16 14:59:08 BST 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 7:44 AM, CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM wrote:

> a) Why "arch" is set to "-NA-" for an RHEL4/Opteron/HP385 machine.

Arch is (I think) a value directly reported by the compute nodes, if
your compute nodes are not reporting anything, "NA" is the default

> b) What "au" states mean

State "au" means 'alarm' and 'unreachable' (or perhaps 'unheard').
This typically means that Grid Engine is not running on the compute
nodes or there is some network, firewall or routing issue. This also
explains the "-NA-" above and also the load average of 99 you are
probably seeing

> c) What the buttons c/a/A/E do on the new GUI.

Can't answer this one easily; been ages since I've used the GUI. Sorry.

-Chris