[GE users] SGE 6.0 load_avg & arch=-NA- and states:au for master host

CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM David.CARTER-HITCHIN at rbos.com
Fri Jun 16 15:56:23 BST 2006

Hi,

Just out of curiosity more than anything else, I'm wondering why my master
host appears with load_avg and arch="-NA-" and states: "au"

On p.105 of the N1 user manual it shows a screenshot of a cluster which
looks a little like mine, with most hosts having a respectible arch and
state, but with a few with NA and  au.  I can't find anything in the doc to
adequately explain this - a = Load Threshold Alarm, and u = unknown state.
Perhaps this is the default for master hosts?

As it happens I don't want to have my master host to have an active queue,
so if states "au" mean that the queue will never get used, then that is
fine.

Anyone know the full story here, have I missed something in the manuals?

Cheers,

David Carter-Hitchin.
--
Royal Bank of Scotland
Interest Rate Derivatives IT

Tel: +44 (0) 207 085 1088

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
http://www.rbos.com
http://www.rbsmarkets.com