[GE users] mpich sge and exporting env vars

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jun 19 09:23:19 BST 2006

Am 17.06.2006 um 14:31 schrieb michael bane:

> On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 14:23 +0200, Reuti wrote:
>
>>> As an aside, I note that if I try
>>> !qrsh -V
>>> error: Unknown option -V
>>
>> Without a command it would start an interactive session - i.e. a
>> complete fresh new bash on a slave node. For this the variables can't
>> be set. But if you try:
>>
>> reuti at server:~> export GRID=blabla
>> reuti at server:~> qrsh -V echo \$GRID
>> blabla
>>
>> it should also work for you. - Reuti
>
> right, understood! and works!
> now need to await sys admin to get back to me on 'tight integration'
> -seems the $SGE_ROOT/mpi/README has been followed but unsure if points
> at http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich-integration.html have
> also...

If at least the rsh-wrapper is used to start the slave tasks, it
should be possible to set the variable on the slaves with:

export RCMD_PREFIX="M3DATA=${HOME}/models-3/data/TESTING/par myvar2=a
myvar3=b"
mpirun ...

although a complete process control might be missing without the -V
switch. The RCMD_PREFIX will be used by the rsh-wrapper.

-- Reuti