[GE users] Application Server Submitting on Behalf of a User

Langston, Chris Chris.Langston at aa.com
Mon Jun 19 13:33:59 BST 2006

Thanks for the reply, Reuti.

The end result I'm trying to achieve is for the process to be owned by
the end user and not the submitting application user. The user is
interfacing with a server (thru the Java application) which in turns
runs the job. That means, to SGE the job looks like it is being
submitted by the application server ID. I need for the scheduling and
priority to be dictated by SGE, but I want user to have control over
their own jobs (delete, suspend, resume...) and one or two power users
to have ownership of a queue so that they can control all the jobs in
that queue. Priority of a job is set not only by the type of job, but by
who submitted it. I haven't found anything in any documentation anywhere
that lets a server application (running under its own ID) be able to
submit a job as the end user. Any help is greatly appreciated.