[GE globus] Grid Engine and GT4

Diego Bello dbello at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 02:01:52 BST 2006

I found the solution:

First, the sge.pm I was using was the one from the gt2 connector, that's why
the globusrun-ws command didn't work.
Second, I reinstalled GT4 and the gt4 connector with SGE and, with it, the
globus-job-run doesn't work, i.e., the pre-ws connection part of globus.

The problem is with the sge.pm of the gt4 connector. You just have to add
this lines bellow the $ENV{"SGE_ROOT"} = $SGE_ROOT line:

    $ENV{"SGE_CELL"} = $SGE_CELL;
    $ENV{"SGE_QMASTER_PORT"} = "536";
    $ENV{"SGE_ARCH"} = "lx26-x86";

Attached is the complete sge.pm file.

With this, the gt4 connector accepts ws-gram and pre-ws gram jobs with Sun
Grid Engine.

Thanks everybody for helping me, regards.

--
Diego Bello Carre?o
Estudiante Memorista de Ingeniería Civil Informática

    [ Part 2, Application/X-PERL (Name: "sge_gt4.pm") 18 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]