[GE users] qstat state AU

johnny laynejg at vcu.edu
Tue Jun 20 16:19:14 BST 2006

hi,
 From my experience, I would say to 1st check out whatever job was
running last immediately before the queue(s) went into error state for
clues. I see the "big E" a lot when I'm trying to test code that runs
research jobs for people! So I usually create a small queue or PE just
for me and my work with only a few nodes in it so that I don't have E's
expand into too much of the cluster. Yah, you probably just need to
ssh/rsh to node002 & make sure sge_execd is running (enter "ps -efww |
grep sge_execd"), if not run it and that should get rid of the "au"
state, I hope. Good luck!
johnny