[GE users] Question regarding SGE submission methods (scheduling timeouts)

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 16:44:01 BST 2006

I think you can write a wrapper script to do it...

1) qsub the job, get the job id
2) sleep inside the script
3) when sleep wakes up, check if the job is running... otherwise qdel the job.

Also, "qsub -sync" to wait for the job, plus a background sleep and
then kill <pid of qsub> should also work...

One thing is that if the submission host crashes, then the job is still run...

Rayson