[GE users] Regarding SGE Installation - newbie

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:13:10 BST 2006

"Update version" is the number after 6.0u in the install tar file.

I just installed update 8 (sge-6.0u8-bin-lx24-amd64.tar.gz) on an
AMD64 Linux machine and it seems to work fine.

Make sure you choose "n" when the install script asks you "Do you want
to use a Berkeley DB Spooling Server?". And then the directory is
valid for "Berkeley Database spooling parameters". Other than those 2
places, I don't think there are anything that can go wrong!

Again, if you cannot get Berkeley DB spooling to work, use "classic".
You will get the same functionality by using classic spooling.

Rayson