[GE users] Question regarding SGE submission methods (scheduling timeouts)

Kogan, Felix Felix-Kogan at deshaw.com
Tue Jun 20 23:42:18 BST 2006

Oh, you mean a wrapper for SGE submission utilities. I thought it was
about the wrapper for the jobs themselves. Well, how would you get a job
ID in the wrapper in case of sqrsh? Also, users often submit hundreds of
jobs in short succession using sqsub (even though we try encourage them
to use job arrays). The approach you described would mean hundreds of
processes on the calling host waiting for the jobs to be scheduled and
constantly calling qstat. Not a very healthy situation. No, this really
would be useful and convenient if this functionality existed in the
scheduler.

Thanks for mentioning "max_unheard". I've missed it somehow. It is
really useful.

--
Felix