[GE users] DRMAA: monitoring job status

Jeff White jsw at farecast.com
Wed Jun 21 01:42:09 BST 2006

I want to create a component that continually monitors for completed
jobs. It seems that I can only call Session.wait(JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY)
when there are queued/running jobs. If I call wait() before any jobs
have been submitted or after they all complete I am thrown an
InvalidJobException. I was hoping to have an independent thread that
continually waits for completed jobs. Must I coordinate with the
submission of jobs so I know when it is appropriate to call wait()?

jeff