[GE users] Re: History of GridEngine -- was Re: [GE users] logo/mascot of GridEngine?

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:08:36 BST 2006

Your IT guys are indeed correct:

Global Resource Director (GRD): Customer Scenarios for Large Multiprocessor
Environments

http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/IWCC.1999.810904

*"GRD originated from a joint development of Raytheon Systems Comapny of
Garland TX, Instrumental Inc of St. Paul MN, and GENIAS Software Gmbh of
Neutraubling Germany."*

And CODINE is basically Gridengine in SGE mode, and GRD adds SGEEE mode. May
be Fritz can send you a copy of the paper if you don't have IEEE access...

Rayson