[GE users] DRMAA: monitoring job status

Piotr Domagalski szalik at szalik.net
Thu Jun 22 19:31:57 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 08:40:02AM -0700, Daniel Templeton wrote:

Daniel,

> I think I missed your original point.  Actually the DRMAA spec says that
> wait(ANY) will wait for any job in the session, not just those submitted
> before the call.  synchronize(ALL) is the one with the caveat, because
> otherwise it would never return in a busy system.

Yes, you're right, my fault. Recently I was fixing Condor's DRMAA
implementation, because it didn't work properly for us - there
drmaa_wait() was implemented that way and after my changes, it still is.

It'll be a bit harder to do it that way, though, because as far as I
know, there's no event-like API like the one for qevent in SGE...

--
Piotr Domagalski