[GE users] Running Jobs on Windows PCs

dsmit01 at dcs.bbk.ac.uk dsmit01 at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 22:13:04 BST 2006

I wonder if anyone could help me. I have a GRID where jobs currently run only on
Solaris boxes, which all use a NFS file system to access shared files.

I would like to add Windows PCs (XP or 2003) to my GRID, in order to start
experimenting with using the GRID for running jobs that can run only on PCs.
However, I am not sure what additional software, if any, I would need to
install on my PC (such as UNIX services for Windows etc.) before I can add the
PCs as execution hosts.

While I am not sure that this mailing list is the appropriate place to ask such
a question, I get the impression that several people on the list are running
jobs on Windows boxes, and would be very grateful if I could benefit from their
experience.

Any pointers regarding what additional software I would need to install on the
PCs, issues that commonly occur during installation or when running jobs, or
links to documentation that would prove helpful, would all be very much
appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Mat