[GE users] lack of setup.sql and view.sql for install postgresql in arco, anyone who has please give me

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Fri Jun 23 07:08:00 BST 2006

The Arco you are using is update 4, which is quite outdated. Sun download
site already has update 8 for public download, and the new Arco version
has an easier installation process. Maybe you should try it out.

> --- heyu at dawning.com.cn wrote:
> > hello ,everyone!
> >   this is my first letter to the maillist.
> >   i want to ask for help:  i'm gonna to install the arco part
> > of n1ge, but
> > just as the installation manual said - there should be
> > setup.sql and
> > view.sql in $sge-root/dbwriter/database/postgres/ to setup
> > postgresql, but
> > i can't find them in the n1ge-6_0u4-arco.zip or
> > n1ge-6_0u4-arco.tar.gz
> > downloaded from sun's web site. but where can i find them?
> >
> >   Anyone who has them please help me, give me these 2 file!
> >
> > <<N1 Grid Engine 6 Installation Guide>> says:
> > How to Set Up a PostgreSQL Database
> > 1. Log in as the database superuser, for example, postgres.
> > # su - postgres
> > 2. Create the owner of the database.
> > > createuser -P arco_write
> > Enter password for new user:
> > Enter it again:
> > Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
> > Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n)
> > CREATE USER
> > 3. Create the database for accounting and reporting.
> > > createdb -O arco_write arco
> > CREATE DATABASE
> > 4. Create the tables and views of arco_data as user
> > arco_write.
> > > psql -f sge-root/dbwriter/database/postgres/setup.sql arco
> > arco_write
> > > psql -f sge-root/dbwriter/database/postgres/view.sql arco
> > arco_write

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/