[GE users] Advance reservation strange behavior

Jean-Paul Minet minet at cism.ucl.ac.be
Sat Jun 24 10:02:01 BST 2006

Brady,

I experienced indeed the same behavior as yours.  For several reasons, I
couldn't do extensive testing after the u8 upgrade.  Will let you know as soon
as I have something new about this.

Jean-Paul

haven't done

Brady Catherman wrote:
> Yes. If there is space they start fine. If they have reservation
> enabled, and they have a much higher priority than every other single
> process job they just sit at the top of the queue as if the  reservation
> is not doing anything (max_reservations is currently set  at 1000)
>

> On Jun 23, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Reuti wrote:
>
>> Am 23.06.2006 um 22:45 schrieb Brady Catherman:
>>
>>> I have done both of these and yet my clusters still hate parallel
>>> jobs. Does anybody have this working? everything I have seen is  that
>>> parallel jobs are always shunned by grid engine. I would  appreciate
>>> any solutions to this being passed my way! =) I have  been working on
>>> this on and off since January.
>>

>> But if the cluster is empty, they are starting? - Reuti

Jean-Paul Minet
Gestionnaire CISM - Institut de Calcul Intensif et de Stockage de Masse
Université Catholique de Louvain
Tel: (32) (0)10.47.35.67 - Fax: (32) (0)10.47.34.52