[GE users] SGE 5.3 Master node issue

Sumit Sorde sumit at cse.iitk.ac.in
Sat Jun 24 18:10:11 BST 2006

Hi

The machine which is the  master node of our SGE 5.3 installation in lab
has gone down. What is the easiest way to get around this problem?
Is it possible to solve this issue without re-installation of all the
other nodes. Will installing another node as a master node and changing
the configuration of other execution hosts to let them know about the
host name of the new master node will work?
Or I need to re-install SGE on all the execution hosts also?

Regards,
Sumit.

-- Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.- Albert Einstein
Sumit Sorde
Graduate Student
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur