[GE users] Dedicated short queue

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Mon Jun 26 18:51:22 BST 2006

Iwona Sakrejda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to define a dedicated short queue.
> Users jobs should go to that queue only if requested. But all users that
> can run in the default queue should be able to run in the short queue.
> I have trouble working out how to make other jobs not go to that queue.
> If users don't specify any requirements jobs go to a queue with
> a longer running time and I don't want them to end up in the short/debug
> queue by accident. I also would like to avaoid a situation when I need
> a wrapper for the default jobs or that users modify their job requirements.
>
> I have trouble figuring out the simplest way to configure my short queue.

Define a complex like this:

short             short               BOOL        ==    FORCED      NO
        0        0

Then in the queue config for your short queue, have:

complex_values        short=1

Then, only jobs that request '-l short' will go to the short queue.  And
jobs that request '-l short' will only be run on the short queue.  That
sounds like what you want.