[GE users] dropped because it is full

Hugo Darío Barrera hbarrera at iciq.es
Tue Jun 27 09:05:57 BST 2006

Hi ppl,
Im running SGE in a Debian/Linux and Im getting "dropped because it is full".
I have a  2 queues defined, first called "short" with 2 nodes (1,2) and the
other called "big1" with 8 nodes (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10).

If i send a job at "big1" (mpirun - vasp)  i get the subject message, it runs
anyway, but it takes the first 7 nodes and the master, in this case
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 10 as master. So its taking the "short" queue too

qstat -f

scheduling info:            queue instance "big1 at tekla003.iciq.es" dropped it
is full
                            queue instance "big1 at tekla004.iciq.es" dropped it
is full
                            queue instance "big1 at tekla005.iciq.es" dropped it
is full
etc...

i have no other process running on those nodes.

The problem is, besides the error message, i cant get it work properly the
queue system.

I also moved from an old working SGE configuration (fedora) (just copied the
whole $SGE_ROOT directory and re-ran the services) but cant get it work
either.

Can someone give me a clue plz?

Tnx in Advance.