[GE users] Advance reservation strange behavior

Sili (wesley) Huang shuang at UNB.CA
Tue Jun 27 14:05:49 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-15" character set. ]

Hi Reuti,

In our cluster, we don't specify h_rt, so there is not backfill jobs and all
slots were filled out during the time I found the problem. I guess the problem
is related to that SGE reserves certain nodes for a reservation and even if
there is any other nodes are released in the mean time, SGE does not pick up
these free slots.

Reuti> is there any other job running in the system which blocks the 16-CPU

Reuti> job, and what you see is just the backfilling of empty slots in the

Reuti> meantime, until the one blocking job ends?

Best regards,

Sili(wesley) Huang

mailto:shuang at unb.ca

Scientific Computing Support

Advanced Computational Research Laboratory

University of New Brunswick

Tel(office):  (506) 452-6348