[GE users] dropped because it is full

johnny laynejg at vcu.edu
Tue Jun 27 17:49:34 BST 2006

hye all,
     As an info, I've been working on some code lately to generate a
nice machines file for OpenMPI & VASP, & amongst all the other things to
consider I wanted to point out that you have to be really, really aware
of the resource hits you take running VASP.  It's pretty memory- &
CPU-intensive, so you might want to bear that in mind; login to your
machines running it & watch top to see what's going on.  Also, I had to
set ulimit -s, ulimit -d to unlimited or VASP would fail as well due to
memory restrictions.  Hope that's a heads up, good luck.
     johnny