[GE users] Cleaning scratch files.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jun 29 00:30:31 BST 2006

Hi,

Am 29.06.2006 um 00:52 schrieb Baudilio Tejerina:

> Hi,
>
> If in a parallel job, where several scratch files are created in
> the respective local-node disks, the job is deleted (qdel), the
> scratch files remain there. Is there any way to have 'sge' taking
> care of them (automatically removed them)?
>
> I've tried by inserting the appropriate 'rm' statement in the
> executing script but, these only work if the jobs successfully
> finish, obviously.

in a tightly integrated parallel job the locally created $TMPDIR with
all stuff inside should also be deleted. The $TMPDIR will be created
by the first qrsh to the node. You just have to make sure, that the
$TMPDIR is used by all slave processes.

If you want to do it for any reason on your own, you could use the -
notify in your qsub command and trap the warning, which the job will
get in this case. In the remaining time (defaults to 60 sec.) you
could also delete all the stuff in a custom way. Only a new qrsh
isn't allowed in this case, so you will end up with a loose integration.

HTH - Reuti