[GE users] qmaster logging error every 10 seconds

Greg A clusterman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 23:03:06 BST 2006

We are receiving the following error every 10 seconds in the messages file
on the qmaster.  I've tryed a snoop and truss to try and capture what/who is
causing the message but I'm coming up empty.  I also tried changing the
loglevel to equal log_info but that didn't shed anymore light.

06/29/2006 17:53:32|qmaster|masterhost|E|denied: "remote" must be manager
for this operation
06/29/2006 17:53:42|qmaster|masterhost|E|denied: "remote" must be manager
for this operation
06/29/2006 17:53:52|qmaster|masterhost|E|denied: "remote" must be manager
for this operation

The scheduler runs every 10 seconds but a truss of the scheduler doesn't
have any information.  There are no jobs in error state and nobody with a
user account of remote trying to qsub jobs.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find the node/job/process causing
this error?

Thanks in advance!