[GE users] error during configuration... Profiling array is not initialized!

Thu Mar 2 14:49:46 GMT 2006

Andrew,

Gah!  What version of SGE are you using?  The error message you got
means that you found a bug in the way the profiling library is used in
spoolinit.  Unless you're willing to fix the source and recompile,
there's not much you can do about it.

It looks to me, however, like the code that's likely causing the problem
hasn't changed in a while, so I'm guessing you're not using the latest
version.  If not, you might be able to fix the problem by upgrading.

Once I have the version info from you, I'll be able to say something
more useful.

Daniel

Andrew Mellanby wrote On 03/02/06 02:05,:

>Hi,
>
>I get this error during installation with: ./inst_sge -m
>

>>creating directory: /usr/pkg/sge//default/spool/spooldb
>>Dumping bootstrapping information
>>Initializing spooling database
>>critical error: Profiling array is not initialized!
>>
>>[1]   Abort trap              ${SGE_UTILBIN}/a...
>>
>>Command failed: ./utilbin/nbsd-i386/spoolinit berkeleydb libspoolb
>>/usr/pkg/sge//default/spool/spooldb init
>>
>>Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
>>Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.
>>

>I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me what "critical error: Profiling array is
>not initialized!" means, if I had some clue I could start looking for a
>solution.
>
>thanks
>
>Andrew

*         Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749           *
*        Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine          *
* "What's the sense in never thinkin' 'bout the tomb *
*  When you're much too busy returning to the womb?" *
*                  -They Might Be Giants             *