[GE users] cputime for parallel jobs does not reflect the number of cpus used

Nicolas Bock nbock at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 2 15:44:16 GMT 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:38 AM, Rayson Ho wrote:

> That's why the best way is to tighten the PE integration!!
>
> BTW, Nick, what parallel library you are using??
>
> Rayson

First off, thank you all for the replies. I tried the following so far:

1) I tried what Rayson suggested and added the two _RESERVED_
variables to execd. Now the CPU time is incremented as much as the
walltime. But it doesn't get incremented by walltime * NCPU. Is there
something else I need to set?

2) I played with tight integration (I am using mpich-1.2.7) and so
far it doesn't seem to produce anything that's different from before.
I tried to integrate mpich by setting MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP=no but am
currently not certain yet whether all nodes know about that.

nick