[GE users] Upgrade from 6.0u1 -> 6.0u7_1 and changing from bdb server spool to bdb file spool.

Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com
Mon Mar 6 14:43:39 GMT 2006

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with upgrading SGE 6x and
keeping all config/accounting/etc.

We're about to upgrade our 6.0u1 to 6.0u7 and at the same time move from BDB
server spooling to BDB files.
What's the best/easiest way to do this? We currently have a dir structure
with ../SunOneGridengine/6.0u1, 6.0u7, current -> 6.0u7 which I would like
to keep. So simply doing an inst_sge --upgrade-or-whatever is not the best
way for us.

We have a custom script that populates SGE with hosts, queues etc. But I'm
afraid that the "live" config has been edited through qconf/qmon so it's a
bit out of sync. And I understand the config resides in the BDB spool
directory and moving from BDB server to BDB files will probably reset these
changes. What I would like is the dump this config and somehow import it
into a fresh installation.

Is there any way to save the config's from the server into "files" that can
be used later?

Sorry if I didn't explain this very well, I blame too much coffee and to
little sleep.. ;)

Regards,
/Stefan