[GE users] limiting the physical memory and virtual memory usage on a host

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 8 19:25:52 GMT 2006

Jinal,

similar discussions were on this list before:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=10553

In addition you could make h_vmem consumable and give it also an inital value.
Jobs have of course to request both h_vmem and virtual_free in this case. I
think, it should be sufficient to use just one of them: h_vmem for enforced
limits, virtual_free for fair users.

HTH - Reuti