[GE users] sgemaster log file

Krzysztof Wilk chris at gridwisetech.com
Thu Mar 9 12:36:02 GMT 2006

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

Dear All,

I am running N1GE 6.0u4, which is AFAIK the latest N1GE release.

Grid Engine runs well but yesterday I observed a peculiar behaviour.
No job were neither queued nor running and sgemaster process was using
90% CPU for long time. Lowering the priority of this process (renice)
did not help at all.

Restarting sgemaster daemon, without touching sgeexecd daemons fixed the
problem.

How can I track the cause of this strange behaviour a posteriori with a
help of my logs? I checked Grid Engine documentation and files located
in $SGE_ROOT/default/common directory, but I could not find file with
sgemaster-related logs.

Best,
Chris
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com
Consultant

GridwiseTech                          office/fax: +48 12 294 71 20