[GE users] SGE6 Windows Functionality

Ron Price ronald.charles.price at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:40:25 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm interested in the functionality of the SGE6 in Microsoft Windows XP.

Can a Windows XP machine that has SGE6 execution daemon handle
any job?

Can the back end node ( Windows XP compute server) that has the execution
daemon running stage files in and out via SGE functionality?

Can the amount of resources the SGE execution daemon uses be limited? (I may
want to run this on desktop Windows XP machines during  the work day, but
don't want to use all the resources of the desktop)

Any help is appreciated, thanks for you time.

Ron Price
Grid Architect
University of Utah