[GE users] SGE6 Windows Functionality

Fri Mar 10 08:41:13 GMT 2006

Hello,

at first let me clarify that the Windows execution daemon is not part
of the Open Source SGE version. Therefore I would not like to discuss
Windows topics on this alias. I gave a short answer to your question
anyway, even though I am not a N1GE 6 Windows expert.

Cheers,
Stephan

Ron Price wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in the functionality of the SGE6 in Microsoft Windows XP.
>
> Can a Windows XP machine that has SGE6 execution daemon handle
> any job?

It can run pretty much any job that a user can run on a Windows machine.

> Can the back end node ( Windows XP compute server) that has the
> execution daemon running stage files in and out via SGE functionality?

> Can the amount of resources the SGE execution daemon uses be limited?
> (I may want to run this on desktop Windows XP machines during  the
> work day, but don't want to use all the resources of the desktop)

You have the same functionality available with the windows execd that you
have with the unix execd. This includes resource consumption, file staging,
and usage monitoring.