[GE users] DRMAA job categories & parallel environments (-pe)

Krzysztof Wilk chris at gridwisetech.com
Fri Mar 10 17:47:41 GMT 2006

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

I read about DRMAA job categories in DRMAA 1.0 specification. I also
read that this feature is implemented by GE DRMAA library.

Are there any use cases with DRMAA job categories? I could not find any.

I have the idea of using DRMAA job categories for pre-configuring
various parallel environments (e.g. mpi). This way complex resource
attributes can be set once and every time a DRMAA job that falls into
this category is submitted for execution, these resource attributes
should not be specified explicitly.

Are there any cons of this case?

Thanks for your time,

Best,
Chris
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com
Consultant

GridwiseTech                          office/fax: +48 12 294 71 20