[GE users] Configuring functional policy for departments

Richard Ems r.ems at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 23:18:20 GMT 2006

Hi list!

I'm trying to configure functional policy for departments an have
several questions:

1. Should the department users be explicitly defined or does
"enforce_user auto" define them as needed?

2. Should the departments be added to the user_lists on the queues, the
parallel environments or both?

3. Is the user definition (not using enforce_user) needed for accounting?

I tried defining a department and adding it to the queues user_lists,
but after sending a test job qstat always returns "has no permission for
queue ...". The users were automagically added by enforce_user,
auto_user_fshare was set to 100.

Thanks, Richard