[GE users] upgrading from 6.0u4

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 05:12:06 GMT 2006

Upgrading from u4 to u7 is easier:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/install60patch.txt

Changing SGE_ROOT requires a bit more changes, see the
"bootstrap" file in your $SGE_ROOT/default/$SGE_CELL directory,
and refer to this manpage:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/bootstrap.html

Also, sgemaster, sgeexecd, settings.csh, and settings.sh need to
be modified to pick up the new SGE_ROOT location.

 -Ron

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-6118/6mlhe9ae0?q=N1GE&a=view

http://mail.yahoo.com