[GE users] GridEngine fails to start/run

Brady Catherman bradyc at uidaho.edu
Mon Mar 13 18:41:02 GMT 2006

On our Mac OS 10.4 system Grid Engine just started failing to
startup. This same exact build was working fine up until today.
Everything has started getting gdi failures. I have no clue what
would have cause grid engine to just start failing all of a sudden.
There are no errors in the qmaster/messages file so I have no clue
where to start troubleshooting..

# /opt/sge/default/common/sgemaster start
    starting sge_qmaster
    starting sge_schedd
daemonize error: timeout while waiting for daemonize state
error: getting configuration: failed receiving gdi request

# qstat
failed receiving gdi request

This is Grid Engine 6.0u7 on Mac OS 10.4.5

Anybody have any ideas where to start with this one?