[GE users] GridEngine fails to start/run

McCalla, Mac macmccalla at hess.com
Mon Mar 13 18:56:13 GMT 2006

 Hi Brady,

	Are you sure the processes of sge_qmaster and sge_schedd have
actually failed?
If our system is loaded up (lots of jobs), I see these messages when
(re)starting qmaster/schedd,
but eventually (may take several minutes), the scheduler will register
with qmaster
and things are fine.

BTW Is this a classic spooling or BDB install?  and what version of SGE?

Mac McCalla
Geoscience Systems Consultant
Amerada Hess Corporation
500 Dallas St. , Houston, Texas  77002