[GE users] '$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/cqueues' directory

Sreenath Nampally sreenath at tigr.ORG
Wed Mar 15 13:22:53 GMT 2006

Hi All,

My test cell crashed for some reason and was restarted. But, after the
restart all
the queues that were setup went missing. So, I thought I can recover
them by
restoring the '$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/cqueues'  directory
from
the backup.  But it did not work. I also tried restoring entire
'$SGE_CELL' directory,
still it did not work.

I do see all the queue name files under '
'$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/cqueues'
but 'qconf -sql' /qmon did not show any queues.

Is it supposed to work this way ?  Also, what is the preferred way of
restoring
the configuration files from backup if it ever crashes again?

Thanks
Sreenath