[GE users] Anyone using departments?

Richard Ems r.ems at gmx.net
Wed Mar 15 22:15:04 GMT 2006

The mistery is resolved.

The solution was in the Administration Guide, page 99:
"In the grid engine system, a userset can be either an Access List or a
Department, or both."

"or both" was the problem. I had defined the departments just as DEPT,
but not as ACL, based on the wrong assumption that DEPTs were just a
specific type of ACLs!
So after setting my userlists to DEPT and ACL everything is running now
fine.
But what are DEPTs without ACL good for?

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks, Richard