[GE users] distmake

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 16 18:20:58 GMT 2006

Hi Bruno,

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Bruno Fleisch wrote:

> Andreas is right: distmake works the way you write it. I do not think distmake
> can compare with qmake in terms of reporting or processes controling (i.e.:
> 'qmod-s' will not suspend remote make targets (yet!)).

Suspension I consider not that critical -- termination certainly is more important.
It might work if distmake catches the signal delivered by Grid Engine upon
job termination and then causes bldserver daemon child processes to finish.

> This integration has been implemented because :
>
> 1. I need it (!).
> 2. It was really simple.
>
> distmake is still in alpha quality. I won't recommend you to rely on this tool
> for production environments. However, if you feel adventurous, I'm always glad
> to hear from your feedback !

I'm quite confident you'll get feedback. I cc two guys who might be
interested in distmake.

Cheers,
Andreas